Matt In The Hat

I've given in. I've started a blog and my first post explains the rationale. For comments on my blog you may contact me directly by email at maskari03@yahoo.com. Cheers, Matt.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Time Yet and Time Still

.

I think I shall like to grow old,
I’ll be good, when I’m old
But there’s time yet and time still.
I suppose I don’t have much choice, anyway.
Being young suits me fine, I quite enjoy it.

My Dad is in his seventies
And he’s enjoying being young
As are my brother and sister in their thirties.
Mom’s in her young-late fifties.
We’re just a young family, I guess.

I’ve near mastered time
Rare is the occasion when I’m bored
I can’t even remember the last.
Maybe the ways in which I spend my time,
Will be viewed as more legitimate, albeit the same,
When I’m older.
My humor and wit, more relevant,
As I’ve earned them through the years.

But things are far too good now,
Here in this moment, every moment,
To think to far ahead, into a personal future,
The years are inevitable.
Time is passing, know that it is so
Don’t fret, rather celebrate, it’s passing.
How many great tears have yet to fall?
Smiles, and how much laughter remains?
There’s time yet, time still.

There are moons to pass, suns to come
Rain to fall, snow to play in
Leaves and trees and drought.
There is fruit to be picked, vegetables to be chopped,
What colors have you not seen?
What sounds have deceived you thus far?
Mind the textures, have you awareness of them all?
There’s coffee to sip, tea to brew
Candles to burn, fragrances and aromas lingering, unknown
Landscapes to be discovered,
Innumerable waves to crash, Seas to rise
Motion and harmony,
There’s time yet and time still.


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home