Matt In The Hat

I've given in. I've started a blog and my first post explains the rationale. For comments on my blog you may contact me directly by email at maskari03@yahoo.com. Cheers, Matt.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Yes, You Do.

.

Disturbingly, I'm singing "I'm Fergie-licious, hot! hot! that puts them boys on rock! rock! it's so deli-cious". I think it was on in the background while I was eating breakfast or something. I've never been good at blocking out ambient noise. So we got offered jobs at this hostel in Rio, and now I'll have a chance to make as much as seven year-old Malaysian girls with mad sewing skills, but they have to work thirteen-hour days and I'd only have to work six. But free board ain't half-bad I tell myself. I try and think if the Malaysian girls get board. Or bored for that matter. Hmm. In a ten-day span I finished three books and two were in Spanish and I've just started another and I've probably never read this much and I love it. I want to explode from happiness. And I do. My stomach bursts, but it doesn't hurt, it just opens like a door and the cake I ate falls out but not mush-style but whole and dry and a rectangle-slice and then all the coffee I drank is spilling out onto the floor and a small, white-furry mouse scurries over with a small white straw, the kind that bends and it sips up all the coffee in an instant and the mouse's belly swells and pudges out and irrationally I'm furious at the teeny mouse and squeeze it a little and plead with it to give me the coffee back but it's so stubborn and then asks me if it was decaf? and I say no! and squeeze the mouse harder and place it over my mouth and shake it (like a po-la-roid pic-ture) and like a wine sack the coffee comes out in a thin stream, almost mouth to mouth until the mouse deflates to nothing, just a thin sack, soft and I place it on the table. Only none of that happens, only the happiness part. And I think everyone should be happy, there really isn't a reason not to be. Some people have it tough, but I've never known anyone that has. Only fortunate people. And the ones I know who think they have it So tough, Are unfortunate, simply because they don't realize how fortunate they are. Así de simple. And if you're foolish enough to still be reading (what a loser, there's probably good reality TV you're missing out on right now, go!), but if you are still reading (not advisable), then take a second to say "I'm fortunate. I have it pretty good." Because if you're reading this right now, you Do have it good, and you Are fortunate. And you're probably 'Fergie-licious, hot! hot! They want a taste of what I got, so delicious.. To the left, to the left..


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home