Matt In The Hat

I've given in. I've started a blog and my first post explains the rationale. For comments on my blog you may contact me directly by email at maskari03@yahoo.com. Cheers, Matt.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Commonalities, You and I. These Things

.
Commonalities, You and I

Traveling, I meet all these people.
We share histories and anecdotes,
As mush as pleasantries and politesse.
We laugh and smile, our hearts may even skip a beat.

Earnestly I look into people’s eyes,
You´re not so different, you and I,
I think but never say beyond these telling glances.
Perhaps we´ll never meet again,
different fates for all and there´s so many.

Maybe in another lifetime,
You and I would be best of friends,
You and I would be boyfriend and girlfriend,
Husband and Wife, you and I
Perhaps in another lifetime.

But for now I have to catch this bus, train, ferry, plane.
Thank you for being sincere and sharing your time,
Perhaps in another, you and I.
.
These Things

Sometimes I wonder if I could live in a small town, cities are all I´ve known.
Big ones. Bustle. Life. Just the names evoke romantic images,
draw forth a whirl of energy,
as if a small symphony is persistently playing under the surface,
and at the mere mention of one of these places-boom!
New York, San Francisco, Paris, Buenos Aires, L.A.
It´s these things.

I know little towns and I´ve been to them.
I notice the breeze in small towns.
I can go to the outdoor market on Sundays and buy fruit and stroll.
I can sit on the porch and sip coffee (coffee figures into most scenarios in my mind),
And maybe there´ll be a woman made up of all goodness,
And we can share, in these things.

But it´s the cities that draw me. Bustle. Energy. Color. Tight spaces.
Book stores and coffee houses.
The movie theater and all theater.
Bakeries and brick.
I value my trees in the city.
It´s these things.
For now I accept and embrace the city,
It´s inside of me, grows out of me,
But there´s an ever-slight murmur,
A hushed but ever-present yearning,
For a little betrayl.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home