Matt In The Hat

I've given in. I've started a blog and my first post explains the rationale. For comments on my blog you may contact me directly by email at maskari03@yahoo.com. Cheers, Matt.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Stock at the Quarter

.

Stock at the Quarter


A Quarter-century old and wild,

To compose verse, to fuck, and wander.

I’m not sure

Of the order.

For ale, for vino, and rum,

Or nothing at all,

Possibly,

In that order.



To talk my head off,

Or say nothing at all, To absorb and soak,

Learning

Every second


Or teaching

Every minute.


Good for food, Of that I’m sure.

Give me music, Give me my friends.

Let me love my family

More than all.


Stay awhile, let’s talk, drink tea.

Give me every minute of yourself

For two days,


Leave me be

For three.




Give me coffee and the papers,

A good city

In which to roam-free,


Or abundant nature,

In which I can freely roam.


Call me good friend or brother,

Or don’t call upon me at all.



Give me books to read,

May they never end,


Or I shall as well.

Laugh with me and smile,

You owe it to yourself,


We

Deserve it.


Hug often, embrace, kiss,

Your family,

Friends

Or lover.


There is nothing greater.



Doing good

Is not

For those who can.


Everyone

Can,


Should

Often.


Who

Have you helped?

Today?

This week?


What

Shall you do?

For your own accord?


By your own volition?

Have you satisfaction in life?

We are all equally

Entitled.


Be sure

Of yours,

Help others


Get theirs.



Tell people

They’re important,


They mean something to you,

There is nothing greater.

Travel, know people and cultures,

All

Are beautiful,

Have much

To offer.




Read

To feed your soul,

To laugh,

To learn.


Find your inner-poet,

If only

For yourself,


To express the beauty

Seeded

Flourishing

Within you,


All about you,

You need not look far,

Nor think much,


It is there, I assure you dear friend.

Embrace

The pleasures in life,


As much

As you can bear,


For they are infinite.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home