Matt In The Hat

I've given in. I've started a blog and my first post explains the rationale. For comments on my blog you may contact me directly by email at maskari03@yahoo.com. Cheers, Matt.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Ode to BsAs

.
Ode to BsAs

Spires in mist, the boulevards of grace,
As good as ever, better than ever, never before so great,
Progression is perpetual.
Blood shed, babies born,
We take growth from the stain.
People fall,
Or persevere,
Death and art,
Progression is perpetual.

The city
Always grows,
With it’s history.
We are for nothing,
If not for this, foremost.
Incessantly,
The city
Flickers, moves, breathes, ever-expanding.
Cafés and parks,
Are not permanent.
Buildings are significant,
But
Will
Go.
Growth and history
Are forever,
Progression is perpetual.

Not
For the weak,
Not
For the irresolute,
Is this city.
For
The passionate,
For
Those that are aware,
Your home
Is here.

Not
For the fickle,
Be a true judge upon yourself,
The beauty
And glory,
The pomp
And misery,
All reside here,
Are to be taken
As one.
Always bear in mind,
Progression is perpetual.
.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricio G. Bazán said...

Hi! This poem is superb. I liked the phrase "Progression is perpetual". A whole synthesis!
I hope you're well. Saludos.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home